Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Maze's New Shoes

We never put Maze in shoes or socks because her feet are so nasty, clammy all the time. We just figure her feet are hot so they sweat. Appetizing, right?

Anyway, Brent thought sandals might be our answer. They're open so she gets some air flow in them and they are still on her little feeties so she can get used to the thought of wearing shoes. Plus, I thought it best not to get her baby Toms since they get so stinky so fast!

Daddy feeding Maze at the mall

We had to stop at a bench to feed our little Miss Maze. Shoe shopping can be so exhausting!

Maze's new shoes

Maze's new shoes

She picked out the white Elmo sandals. Great choice. They go with everything!

Maze and Mama at the Mall

And we just had to try out the new shoes at the play area of the mall! I set her down holding onto one of the rubber flowers and she started bawling. She's not quite to the point where standing up is normal and she didn't know where to go! Should she sit? Should she keep standing? Could she maneuver herself around the flower without falling over?! Oh the confusion! Oh the horror! So I had to scoop her up and she felt all better. Mommy's girl!

My little lady is growing up so fast!

Danny

10 comments:

  1. Those shoes are so cute! I take it Maze is not walking since standing is not normal. Have the shoes got soft soles because developing feet need to get used to walking before they wear hard soles (I think the recommendation is 6 weeks after they start walking)? I just received two pairs of Saltwater Sandals in the mail - one pair for me and a pair for Scarlett. They are so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, and those shoes are adorable! great photos!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She 's so gorgeous!!! I have baby envy!! I'll swap you for a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think perhaps mum was slightly more excited than Maze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! I could just eat her! lol I want to get Owen the giraffe Toms. He wears the Old Skool Vans right now, and we LOVE them! They always stay on his feet.

    oh and owen wasn't wearing shoes until he started walking. we thought it was pointless to drag shoes across the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And you and her together, adorable. :) I had to read your 'about me' to figure out where you live that you're looking for sandals and having hot feet and out in t-shirts. Ahhh, Arizona. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mean mummy abandoning your poor child with only a rubber flower for company... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute; except the first picture which looks a little uncomfortable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is such a doll. The little sandals are sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin